Opportunities and Open Positions
Emerging Digital Academy is hiring to build our founding team. We are looking for teammates who are passionate about education, technology, and are committed to making our program a world class coding bootcamp to serve our students and the economic needs of North Dakota.
We are hiring for the following positions:
Full Stack Engineering Instructor
Fargo, North Dakota
Emerging Digital Academy is hiring a Full Stack Engineering Instructor. The full stack engineering instructor is responsible for instruction and support of the students in our flagship full stack engineering program. In addition, this position supports key operational functions of the school, including supporting the Director to ensure that educational and state licensing requirements are met.
An ideal candidate for this role someone who is passionate about education and technology with a strong technical background. It is crucial that a candidate is not only experienced with foundational web technologies in a professional capacity, but also has the ability to convey that information through leadership and empathy. As an instructor, you will be on the team responsible for guiding each cohort of students from the early stages of the program through graduation.
Emerging Digital Academy is a small organization looking to make a big difference in North Dakota. Our team is small but growing and you will play a significant part in our growth story. We offer competitive market salary, generous paid time off, Simple IRA, health insurance, and additional insurance and disability benefits.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executing the curriculum of our full stack program by preparing daily lectures.
- Participating in online or in-person video and discussion for the prework session
- Moderating the classroom dialog to provide a balance between input and instruction.
- Supporting our students as they search for jobs through mock interviews and resume/portfolio feedback.
- Providing written and verbal feedback on student projects.
- Reporting of student progress, including weekly 1:1 check-ins.
- Continuing to improve our curriculum by giving feedback and working with our curriculum partners to incorporate quarterly updates into our program as needed.
- Managing the flow of the 20-week program, ensuring students are prepared for milestones and program events.
- Helping out with hosting monthly technical workshops.
- Working with your team to ensure program events are fully supported (alumni and employer events, recruiting and workshops, career day, orientation, etc)
- Responding to student inquiries and requests for assistance as needed through email and chat.
- Occasional travel to Minneapolis to work with our curriculum partners
- Representing Emerging Digital Academy by being a good role model and participating in community events and the greater technology ecosystem.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Educational and/or mentorship experience.
- Working experience with modern software engineering, tools, and processes
- The ability to manage difficult emotional situations, including the ability to respond quickly to requests for service or assistance
- Proven leadership working on a technical team in a collaborative environment
- The ability to adapt to and learn new technology with a studious vigor.
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Server side technologies (API design, HTTP services, etc)
- Database Design (SQL or noSQL)
- Modern source control systems (e.g. git)
- Modern utility and build systems (e.g. gulp, grunt, webpack)
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with giving technical talks or lectures.
- Experience with higher level cloud technologies (deployment, automation, etc).
- Experience with professional growth and development (team building, technical lead, coaching/recruiting, etc).